Wednesday, September 9, 2009

guess what i'm doing tonight

With a glass of raspberry spritzer and vodka in one hand and a crepe chicken dumpling in the other (appies by Culinary Capers), I was happily snacking and sipping my way around the Guess by Marciano store at a cocktail reception hosted by the Style Spy to showcase the latest fall trends. A portion of the proceeds from tonight's sale will go towards Dress for Success, an organization that provides disadvantage women with access to career resources and professional attire. I love the idea of shopping for a good cause, but unfortunately I really couldn't find anything that I would want to try on or purchase. I think I was a bit distracted by all the people-watching; me and my partner-in-crime were giggling at the hot tranny messes teetering on 6-inch heels, having arrived at the event after raiding the nearest makeup counter and leaving behind bits of broken eyeliner pencils and empty tubes of lipgloss and mascara all over the place. Fun times.

No comments: