Thursday, December 4, 2008

a blubird sitting in a pear tree?

Tonight is another holiday shopathon party held at Blubird, a recently opened clothing boutique downtown that stocks the latest in brand names (Juicy Couture, Missoni, Marc by Marc Jacobs) and makeup (Stila!). I'll be taking the Enabled with me this time. Ha! She blames me for the amount of money she spends when shopping with me, but really, she loves it! This will be my first time there, but if they have Marc Jacobs, I'm going to be a very happy girl.

---

They rolled out the pink carpet! I thought that was so cute. They had the same drinks and chocolate chip waffles that were served at Fine Finds, but I'm not going to complain because they are super yummy waffles! I grabbed two this time. Hee.

We were both ohhing and ahhing over a bright royal blue satin Botkier bag but it didn't compare to the white ceramic Hello Kitty watch from Victoria Couture, valued at $1,555. It's made out of the small material they use to make the Chanel watches. It was quite heavy, but it's gorgeous and who doesn't love Hello Kitty?!

We checked out the party dresses, giggled over a tinfoil dress (which was later showcased by a model wobbling around the room in 5-inch heels) and a disco ball of a dress and tried on super comfy hoodies that were a great deal at $49. Unfortunately, they didn't have the one I wanted (dark grey with dark pink lining), so I settled for a lovely deep purple soft Blubird scarf. Another addition to my ever-expanding scarf collection.

No comments: