Tuesday, November 17, 2009

a-choo!

What a girl will do for shoes...

Like line up at 7:20 in the morning to wait for the launch of Jimmy Choo for H&M collection. Yep, I was one of many sleep-deprived fashionistas in the city (as well as some fashion misters), who stood in line for 3 hours in the freezing cold (it was 5 degrees out!) for a pair of shoes. As my toes lost all feeling and my nose was running a mile a minute, I wondered if it was really worth all this trouble for a pair of Choos. The answer: Yes!



There were shopping guidelines in place, in order to prevent cat-fights from occurring: The shoes, accessories and bags were sectioned off (a store within a store) and the first 160 people in line received a coloured wristbands with a time shift written on it. They were allowed into the designated area in groups of 20 with 10 minutes to shop for what they wanted. After two hours, the mini store was opened up to the rest of the public and you had to wait in line for a chance to shop the shoes, bags and accessories. The men's and women's collection were available to everyone with no time restraints. There was a limit of one item of each style per person, as they want as many people as possible to shop the collection (and to prevent scam artists from buying everything and selling it on ebay with a 200% markup).

There was a mad grab for all the clothes and by the time it was my turn, there were no more leather jackets on the racks. So I made my way upstairs to meet up with my shopping buddy, and he was able to grab something, although he didn't have any luck with the shoes. As he was trying stuff on in the changing room, I managed to snag myself a leather jacket in a size 6 and traded it up for a size 8! After paying for the jacket (I wasn't going to let it out of my hands!), I proceeded to wait in line for two hours by the designated section, in the hopes of getting a pair of Jimmy Choos. I ended up making some shopping friends (Hi Sonya and Raminder!), as we slowly inched our way up the line. As my turn came up at 1:30PM, I was surprised that they still had shoes left. I managed to grab a necklace, 2 bracelets, a long wraparound belt, a bag and a pair of leather high heels (4 inches!). Since you only have 10 minutes to shop with a personal shopper by your side at all times, you really don't have any time to actually try stuff on. It's more like, "I'll have one of those, and one of those, and that one... " and you make your way to the cashier. I'm going to do some returns in the end, because I don't know if I want all this stuff, so if you're lucky, you might find something in the stores later on!


I love this necklace, but what I didn't realize how heavy it was. I wore it out to a friend's birthday dinner and got lots of compliments on it. Definitely a keeper. :)

I returned the first bracelet, the rhinestone one, since it didn't really suit me. I like the chain bracelet much better.

I'm going to return this belt because it's just way too long. I feel like I'm lassoing myself with it.

As much as it breaks my heart, I did end up returning the bag. It looks really cute on the website, but it was massive in real life! You can literally fit everything and the kitchen sink in that bag and still have room to spare!

These are the crazy 4-inch heels that I bought. I have to practice walking in them. The most I can handle is 3-inches, so this will be quite the challenge. I have 30 days to return them, but I'm determined to make it work!


 Love my Jimmy Choo leather jacket! After losing my first leather jacket, I've been pining for another one. You don't realize how much you miss something until it's gone. I'm quite happy with this replacement, although I wish the collar was a little more substantial, but that's me being picky. You can't tell, but there are two hidden interior pockets.

No comments: