Thursday, November 5, 2009

friends with benefits


Benefit's Grand Opening at Holt Renfrew today!

After class, I was cutting through Holt Renfrew with a friend and somehow managed to get my eyebrows waxed in the process...

Sales rep: Hello! Do you know that today is the grand opening of the Benefit Brow Bar?
Me: No, I didn't.
Sales rep: Would you like to sign up?
Me: Sure, why not?
Sales rep: Would you like a free gift bag?
Me: Yes, thank you!
Sales rep: Okay, now line-up over here for your free brow waxing.
Me: Oh... kay?

This was pretty much how I came to be at the Grand Opening of the Benefit Brow Bar at Holt Renfrew. Despite my concerns about having my brows waxed (images of searing pain, burnt skin and half my eyebrow gone kept popping up), it was actually a very pleasant experience (not that I enjoy any waxing of any type, but it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be).


 My friend getting her curly eyebrows tamed at the Benefit Brow Bar.

Inside the goody bag: the Benefit holiday guide, the Brow Bar services menu, a Benefit magnet, a white chocolate cream cookie, and samples of Some Kind-a Gorgeous (the foundation faker), eyecon (brightening eye cream) and b-spot by Benefit eau de toilette.

No comments: