Monday, May 25, 2009

wine and dine

is what I did this past weekend. The Eat! Vancouver Food + Cooking festival was happening around town and I wasn't going to miss out on the free samples and goodies for only $12 (when you pay online or $15 with $3 going to the United Gospel Union). Celebrity chefs, local wineries, famous restaurants, artisans, cookbook authors and food retailers from all over the province, and even beyond converge in Vancouver for three-days of gluttony. Okay, maybe not that extreme, but you get full fast on the free samples, yummy food and wine tastings. Speaking of wine tastings, Raven Ridge Cidery has the best apple ciders EVER. I tried the Ambrosia, Fuji and the Braeburn and I couldn't make up my mind about which one I liked best. I might just have to try them all again. What a drag. Hee.

No comments: