Thursday, June 19, 2008

just when you thought it would never happen...

OH.

MY.

GAWD.

The New Kids on the Block are back!

I saw a rerun of the Much Music Video Awards on TV tonight and the New Kids on the Block closed out the show. When they started singing Step By Step, I reverted back to my 11 year old self and started screaming and jumping up and down in my seat. I always had a soft spot for Joey, but it was Jordan that I would dream about having my precious first kiss with, with "Be My Girl"softly playing in the background. Corny, I know, but come on, it was the 80's, the penacle of corniness! But man, watching that performance brings back so many memories: big teased frizzy hair, denim miniskirts over coloured leggings, and scrunchies! What can I say, I was a child of the 80's and 90's. I grew up in that era of neon colours, Disney cartoons and material excess, most of it hidden under massive shoulder pads. I need to revisit that era, because despite the over-abundance of everything, it was also a lot of FUN. I think I need to inject some of the 80's glitz into my wardrobe to spice things up a bit. I'm especially feeling the neon yellow. Maybe I'll start off slowly and get some neon coloured nail polish...

No comments: