Monday, June 30, 2008

dressing for summer (and success)

I've been meaning to post these pictures a while ago, but June has been a busy month, so it got put off until now. These were taken at an event that I was invited to by an old coworker that I haven't seen in ages. All proceeds from the ticket sales go to Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that provides disadvantage women with the tools to help them find jobs and remain employed. It's always nice to go out, dress up and check out the latest trends, but there's that extra something that makes it even more fun, to know that it's all for a good cause. Here are some of my favourite looks from the fashion show:



I really like the bright citrus orange of this dress and how it clashes against the pink scarf.













Very practical, something that I would wear to work.














When I think of summer, this is the kind of dress that really represents that summery look: flowy, long and gorgeous.












Love the pattern on this dress, it reminds me of cherry blossoms.















Very romantic, very feminine, and I absolutely love the shoes!














The front is nice... but the back makes a great exit.



No comments: