Thursday, September 25, 2008

today's conversation

Andrea:
Umm...
Where is the sunshine, Dee?
WHERE IS IT????!

Me:
It might have fallen out of my pocket.
I was looking for it this morning, but I couldn't find it.
Or, I'm wearing the wrong pants.

---


Last Saturday, after overtime (ugh) and brunch, me and some friends went to the Sutton Place Hotel to indulge in their Chocoholic Buffet. Not only could you eat your weight in chocolate, but you could also drink it as well, with or without alcohol. They had a large assortment of chocolate desserts: chocolate cake, white chocolate gelatin pudding cake, dark chocolate bread pudding made from croissants, 2 types of brownies, dark chocolate pecan pie, chocolate mousse, white chocolate cheesecake and the list goes on. They also had a crepe station, where you can make your own crepe with different sauces (raspberry, passion fruit and of course, dark chocolate), fruit sorbets (green apple or lime) and ice cream (strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, fudge, etc). And if you really wanted to take your crepe to another level, you can also add a few shots of alcohol to your creation. Yum! After the third round of chocolate, I was full. Actually, after gorging myself on all that chocolaty goodness, suffice to say, I was feeling a little nauseous. Managed to get my queasy self home without throwing up and crawled into bed to rest my poor grumbling stomach.

No comments: