Thursday, September 18, 2008

falling into autumn

There's a certain crispness in the air when Fall arrives. It's not here yet, but I see some signs of it: cooler mornings, shorter days and the early nightfall. I love this time of year, because it's not too hot but it's not too cold either. And what better way to start the season off then with a fashion show!

Oakridge Mall had their annual Fall fashion show on September 16, 2008, hosted by Susie Wall, the West Coast reporter for the e-Talk Daily show on CTV. Since I got off work early, I was the lucky one who was responsible for getting us a spot in what happened to be a massively long line-up. But, the long wait in the scorching sun paid off as me and the Russian Lenka managed to get some great seats by the catwalk. Sipping champagne and red wine, knibbling on hors d'oeuvres (when we could get them) and lots of gossip to pass the time before the show started. Pics after the post!

The stage was set up right in the middle of Oakridge Mall.

Susie Wall hosting (she also hosted the summer trends event earlier this year, also at Oakridge).

"I wear my sunglasses at night... "
"Cause you got it made with the guy in shades, oh no!"
And the show begins!
Love the shoes! I heart them all!
This one was Lenka's favourite boy toy. He looks very model-y.

Lenka joked that even if the model was gay, she'd still try to convert him. LOL!

This model looked like he didn't want to be here. But he was still cute to look at.
Sexy secretary chic. Of course, I'd wear a camisole under the vest. Or maybe not.

I really like the pattern on this dress. It's a cross between fish scales and feathers... but much prettier than it sounds!

The silver swingy dress stole the show for me. It was sparkly, flowed over the body really well and it looked gorgeous on the model.

And that's a wrap!

No comments: