Saturday, January 31, 2009

four on four

Last night was another dine-out event at Quattro on Fourth, a little restaurant that serves great Italian cuisine. I went there last year with another friend for dine-out, and we couldn't stop raving about the radicchio bocconcini. So good!

For my meal, I ordered the Radicchio Bocconcini (grilled fresh mozzarella wrapped with prosciutto and radicchio in a cherry vinaigrette), the Involtini di Vitello (braised veal tenderloin breast stuffed with spinach and caciocavallo in a marsala sage succo) as my entree and for dessert, I had the Torta al Sanguignia (blood orange and almond tart with vanilla mascarpone cream).

Radicchio bocconcini was delicious. The cherry vinaigrette was light and slightly tart, which I liked.

The veal was juicy and tender and the sauce was not too heavy.

Dessert! I was surprised to find the tart a bit hard, but I think that's how it's suppose to be prepared. It had a light almond flavour and I really liked the blood orange sauce.

My friend had the Carmellata, chocolate pate with caramel sauce. It was very smooth and rich. A little too rich, since my friend, the self-confessed chocoholic couldn't finish the tasty treat.

No comments: