Monday, January 19, 2009

afternoon tea, gossip-girl style

Spent Saturday afternoon with Shar at Hycroft Mansion to peruse through the dotted loop sample sale. We browsed through jewellery made from reclaimed vintage finds and people-watched as we sipped on tea and nibbled on cheese and crackers, chocolate cake and other yummy sweets. It felt very much like Gossip Girl with little cliques forming as they gossiped and gushed over the jewellery. Not to mention there were some stylin' females there. I wanted to take a picture of an elderly lady's outfit, but I didn't want to appear rude or prying. She was dressed to the nines in a lovely white winter coat, a cream-coloured shift dress, black leather tote bag and the most awesome pair of heels: black sheer leopard-print peep toes. I SO covet the shoes!

I bought a lovely pair of vintage heart charm earrings that I had spied at Fine Finds in Yaletown last year while I was doing some Christmas shopping. I also got a dainty vintage necklace that I can't wait to pair with my leather gold-chain necklace from Club Monaco.

My credit card is hiding from me, angry that I've abused it yet again *sigh*

No comments: