Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christmas party dress = check


It was a moment of weakness, which I blame on the several glasses of alcohol consumed, but I now have in my possession a gorgeous beaded, tulip skirt LBD with pockets to boot!

This all happened yesterday at the BCBG/Max Mara Grant Reveal Event held at their downtown location. I had no intentions of trying anything on, planning to just browse through the racks of expensive duds. If asked by a sale associate if I need any help, I would airily reply "Oh, no thank you, I'm just browsing today." First step through the door and I was greeted by a friendly girl handing out glasses of white wine and it was the beginning of my downfall. I thought I was able to curb the materialistic urges when I just stood idly by, watching Shar try on one amazing dress after another. But, with nothing to snack on by tiny pieces of shrimp (tasty, though) encrusted with chopped pistachio nuts and mini mushroom tarts, the second mint-cucumber vodka martini went start to my bewildered brain and soon enough, I found myself in a gorgeous black dress and a pair of amazing black satin peep-toe bejewelled heels that the sales associate picked out for me. It was perfection! After trying on a few more dresses, umming and ahhing between the LBD and the shimmery purple, I decided on my first choice. Now, it's time to give my credit card a well needed rest...

My gorgeous, fabulous LBD! You can see my second choice, the shimmery purple dress, in the right corner.

Close up of the purple shimmery dress. I loved the shoes, it matched everything I tried on!

I tried on this dress because it was something that I would never have picked out for myself. It was quite the sexy, man-eater, va va voom dress!

***
I went back to BCBG on the weekend, since the sale was still on and tried on a pile of glittery, shiny dresses.

This was a very simple dress with beading down the front.

I really like this dress. It was an interesting colour and I really like the cut.


Finally, the pile dwindled to three choices:


In the end, I didn't buy anything because I couldn't decide what to get. Who knows, maybe I'll invest in a well cut, tailored suit. I still have a coupon that doesn't expire until December!