Friday, May 30, 2008

TGIF


Can't wait for the weekend to arrive! It's going to be spent shopping, eating crepes, drinking Cosmos with the girls, eating Japanese hot dogs (shredded seaweed and wasabi mayo, yum!) and watching the Sex and the City movie! W00T! Looking forward to spending some time with the girls, since all I've been doing lately is work, work, work. So, this is a nice well deserved break from all the madness.

---

My review of the movie: AWESOME!
Now, I'm not a hardcore fan of the television show Sex and the City (I've only seen one episode in its entirety), so I went into the movie theatre with no expectations whatsoever. While we didn't get the best seats in the house (we were sitting in the second row from the very front), it was still a pleasure to watch. I LOVED the fashion: the shoes, the bags, and ohmygoodness, the dresses! It was just love, love, love. It was funny, cheesy, happy, sad, and great fun to watch.
The movie itself isn't a dramatic masterpiece, nor is it ground-breaking in its message of sexual freedom and femininity in today's society. But, if you want something light, fluffy and superficial and totally girly, then this is a movie to watch. It's not going to win an Oscar, but it made my afternoon.
So, if you haven't seen it, go with your girlfriends and make it a girly-girl day and get "carried" away!

No comments: