Thursday, April 2, 2009

4 glasses of white wine and my wallet is lighter

Flare magazine editor-in-chief, Lisa Tant was in town and her magazine teamed up with Banana Republic for a special VIP shopping event, to talk about the latest trends and gave shoppers a peek of the new summer collection in stores now. We wined on Wild Horse Canyon wine, had my nails done courtesy of Pure Nail Bar and hors d'oeuvres prepared by C Restaurant. The goat cheese wrapped in thinly sliced cucumbers were delicious, but it was the quail egg wrapped in duck confit that I loved. The store had hired some models to showcase their summer collection, as seen in the photos below:

The models.

This was actually my favourite outfit out of the bunch. I really liked the colours. Very summery, very easy, breezy, beautiful, Cover Girl! LOL!

I really liked the yellow dress, but it's the grey boyfriend blazer that I would invest in.

A white summer suit. Good idea in theoy, but in practice... good luck. You can see the blush on the male model. Hee.

With a 30% special discount for the VIP shopping event, I couldn't say no, and this baby came home with me.


Side note: Seymour told me I looked "Betsey Johnson-ish." That totally made my day.

No comments: